Friday 12 October 2012

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW - to K.H.

just to let you know

that yr big black leather
 winter-walking-shoes
are here
in the conservatory
side-by-side
under a rattan chair
where they were left
after yr last Harbour walk to
THE BOOT
or
THE KING'S ARMS
&
was that a packet from
BENNETT'S
clutched closely & guardedly to you
on yr way back
that put a spring in yr step?
or was it the thought of returning to
Spring Down-Under
the next day?
*
As Weymouth approaches winter
i would like to
put yr shoes to some good use
but
my smaller feet
will not fill them -
Tell me what to do.
*
 
*
 
 
*
Golden GOJI Hermitage
October twelve - 2012
 
*
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Good one! I promise i'll return to wear those shoes again. So please keep them if there's room. I cld have taken them back to Oz with me but thought it better to 'forget' them with you! Re- spring in step at thought of returning to Melbourne : not at all. I loved my almost daily routine of walking to the Old Harbour, sitting beside the little trawlers, popping into the King's arms for a half of Wey or s/thing else, Simmonds cider, writing in my notebook, then walking back to Goldy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I havent forgotten! But fancy leaving them twice!

    ReplyDelete

12 FOTOPRINTS / TREES / DORCHESTER / MARCH 2020

bernard hemensley GOLDY HERMITAGE WEYMOUTH ======================